The refrigerator is an important household or building appliance in which all the eatables are stored, therefore, it is extremely important to regularly perform the refrigerator cleaning process. The quality of the eatables depends upon the working of the refrigerator as well as the inside environment of the refrigerator cabinets. There are two types of cleaning which needs to perform in case of a refrigerator, i.e. the inside cleaning and the outside cleaning. The inside green cleaning involves the cleaning of the inner cabinets and storage portions of the refrigerator while the outside cleaning involves the cleaning of hardware parts of the appliance.
Let’s Get Started
The inner cleaning improves the internal atmosphere of the refrigerator resulting in preserving the freshness of the eatables while the outer cleaning results in improving the working of the appliance. In this article, we will discuss the inner cleaning of the refrigerator since it can be performed by everyone familiar with the inside environment of the refrigerator. Professionals should perform the outer cleaning of the refrigerator since amateur workers may damage its parts.
Supplies Required to Perform the Refrigerator Cleaning Process
Following items will be required in effectively performing the refrigerator cleaning process:
- Baking Soda: This will help in removing the stains from the compartments of the refrigerator. Over the course of time, the liquid items may spill on the surface of the refrigerator. This spillage will leave stains which will affect the inside environment of the appliance. Baking soda will able help removing the odor from the appliance. If a small amount of baking soda is placed at the bottom of the fridge, it will absorb the odor.
- Cloth or Tissue: A piece of cloth or tissue will come handy in order to rub off stains from the refrigerator storage compartments.
- Hot Water: Medium hot water will be required in order to apply the cleaning agent and wash it afterward. Make sure your flooring or carpet is covered to prevent damage or mold.
Steps involved in the Cleaning Process
Following steps are involved in the refrigerator cleaning process:
- In the first step, take all food items from the refrigerator and move any adjacent furniture or upholstery.
- Now, ventilate the compartments so that the trapped air can be removed.
- Now, pour hot water on the areas affected by spillage.
- Apply the cleaning agent i.e. baking soda solution on these parts in order to clean the stains.
- Rub this area with the help of a piece of cloth. Rubbing should be gentle so that it does not affect the appliance.
- Continue rubbing until the stains have been removed.
- Now was it again with the help of hot water.